Thursday, September 27, 2012

In preparation for KCWC...

In preparation for KCWC I have been setting the stage for success.
I have selected coordinating fabrics, traced and cut out patterns, gathered notions. I have even gone as far as to cut out and mark a few garments. I want too have the opportunity to make every moment of the up coming challenge count.

The plan:
3 pairs of “ruffle hem” pants. A green twill pair, a blue cord pair, and a tone on tone orange herringbone pair. I will be using CC Abby as they go together quick and easy, all 3 pair should take me no more than 2 days. (2hrs) These will be just like the gray pair on my blog minus the ruffles on the butt.

2 Classic Picnic tops by Oliver + S. one in a multi-colored dot print and the other in a cute brown print with pink and green trees. I am planning 1 day for each top (2hrs)

1 top, I am going to use the Christi pattern by Maja’s heirloom. I will use a black background fabric with small blue, teal and light blue flowers. I am not going to pleat and smock the sleeves for lack of time. I am going to use this as more of a test of the pattern. If I like the look this pattern it is likely to be revisited. I think this top will go together rather quickly 1 day is what I am allowing (1hr) Not counting button and button holes.

1 dress, I am going to use CC Rose and some yellow and gray fabric I have had for a while. I have used this pattern before and it to goes together lickitty-split and should take no more than 1 day (1hr) Again not counting button and button holes

Something for the holidays will round out my busy week. I will be using CC Paulie pattern that I have used many times before…I know this will take more than one day as I plan to add some extra touches…the extra time should be well worth it…and who’s really counting anyway?

The result of the week should produce 3 outfits for play, one play dress, and a fun holiday something.
Not bad for 7 hours of FUN…
I don’t know if I will have the time to blog as I go but I will do my best, if nothing less I will take some pictures and post after the week is over!
The plan has been laid…LET THE SEWING BEGIN!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm especially interested in your Maja's Heirloom top. I've bookmarked several of those patterns, but I've yet to buy one. I signed up for KCWC last time, but I failed to get in the hours. Maybe I can work up the motivation to join in this go-round....
    -Jenny Jo

    ReplyDelete