Thursday, August 30, 2012

Making something funky

Making something funky, Today I am going to work through the process of making something funky. I have changed my mind regarding the pink and gray stripe material and guitars. My new plan is to use the same fabric but cut the stripes on the bias to form my own chevrons.  I will be using CC Lucy pattern that I will shorten to tunic length as I plan for Miss N to wear this top with her gray ruffle butt pants I made just the other day!

 


Pictures and note to follow:
The first thing I did was trace my pattern off onto a reusable material I use the cheep sew in interfacing. I buy yard and yards of it when it is on sale, most often I never pay more than about fifty cents per yard.


Then I placed the center front at a 45 degree angle to the stripes, and cut. Turned my pattern piece over, lined up my stripes at a 45 degree angle and cut. I repeated the same process for the back. I then secured the 2 front pieces with some spray glue and stitched at ¼ of an inch. I repeated with the back.
Pressed the seam to one side.
I then marked where I wanted my appliqué. And appliquéd a way! I NEVER appliqué before cutting out the fabric but in this case I had to as I needed to “make” my own fabric.
I thought I wanted 2 guitars…but after seeing just one I think 2 would be to much.
I think this is going to be a cute and fun outfit for Miss N

1 comment:

  1. I agree; VERY cute! I love what you did with the chevrons.
    -Jenny Jo

    ReplyDelete