Monday, October 15, 2012

KCWC...days 3-7

Does shopping for fabric count as an approved activity during KCWC?

Well that is how I spent day 3...shopping, really? Like I don’t have enough fabric already. Well little Miss N Needs MORE fall clothes and I figured while my wonderful mother was on fall break we would zip on over to our favorite little fabric store Sew Blessed. You have all heard me talk about them before, if you want to learn more about what they have to offer stop in for a visit.
www.sewblessedfabric.com

                                                                                                      Day 3


Heres my haul:

3 wonderful fall prints and 3 fall solids as well as 3 colors of rick-rack and 2 more OOP Oliver + S patterns

Well with day 3 a sewing wash I had to play catch-up.


I did managed to get Rose cut out on day 3 as I had not prepped that projects yet.



Day 4


Constructed CC Rose from some of the most wonderful coordinating yellow and gray print I have seen in quite a while. I don’t think I would have picked up a pre-made dress with this same color pallet for Miss N but having had the opportunity to make it for her…I believe it turned out smashingly. I even took the opportunity to match the large flower print running down the center back. Now all that is left for this project is the dreaded buttons and holes.

























                                                                         Day 5


What a wonderful day…quick and easy CC Abbie pants with the very predictable added ruffle at the hem and a Christi top by Maja. I did not pleat the sleeves as I knew I was on a time crunch and was not going to smock them. I did fold out about 2 inches in the fullness of the sleeves as I did not want them to be so full that Miss N would get lost. The top went together very quick and easy and like so many other projects all I have left is the buttons and holes. I wish I enjoyed doing the buttons and holes.









                                                                                                                                                                   






       Day 6 & 7



CC Paulie in the most darling embroidered light pink corduroy with a package I appliquéd. Piped in lime green micro-check and a pink and white polka-dot ruffle. To coordinate with the package I appliquéd. The body fabric for this little number was ordered on-line from www.farmhousefabrics.com
the dots came from sew blessed and the micro check was from my stash.
 
    






















The appliqué design was from embroidery boutique. Here’s the link if you would like one for your collection. http://www.embroidery-boutique.com/present-applique-precll82.html
 . I dearly love the look of this outfit and I am looking forward to lots of wear during the holiday season as well as winter birthday parties.


1 comment:

  1. I L.O.V.E. that yellow dress! The coordinate is perfect! All your garments look great. And I think that fabric shopping absolutely counts! ;)
    -Jenny Jo

    ReplyDelete